Offecct is a Swedish company founded in the town of Tibro in 1990. Together with architects and designers from around the world, we develop furniture with sustainable and functional design for all kind of meeting places. Our work is built upon a genuine and local tradition of craftsmanship which we combine with the latest technological advances. We are internationally recognized for our product development in environmental and recyclable materials, and for creating new typologies within furniture and products which improves air and sound qualities in buildings. Our collection makes interiors give positive and creative experiences in meetings, between people today and tomorrow.
At Offecct we approach sustainability from three angles: social, financial and environmental. These aspects recur continually in the way we work, partly through sustainable development, and partly by continually testing new, innovative materials. Our ambition is to manufacture products with a long life cycle, while at the same time the environmental impact is minimised through the use of recyclable materials. We continually endeavour to find ways of saving resources by optimising the use of materials and by saving energy.
Through continual improvements our company seeks to prevent and minimise negative environmental impact from manufacturing processes, products, transport and other activities. By identifying areas for improvement, measuring these and actively seeking ways to achieve these goals, we contribute to improvements in both the internal and external environment. We make demands both on ourselves and on our subcontractors.
At Offecct we endeavour:
- Always to consider the environmental impact involved in changes.
- Actively to ensure that the materials we use today are gradually replaced by more environment-friendly materials.
- Continually and carefully to follow research and development in environmental knowledge and in this way to prepare the company for new requirements in the future.
- To stimulate and mobilise all employees' creativity and commitment to environmental matters, and thus ensure that skills and resources are available to deal successfully with environmental issues.
- To seek to eliminate input goods and manufacturing processes with elements that are hazardous to the environment or health.
- To seek design solutions that save materials, and to introduce life-cycle thinking into product and process development.
- To adapt our products to cyclic processes, with consideration for future re-use, dismantling and material recovery right from the construction stage.
- To make demands on our subcontractors and give priority to those who supply products and services in compliance with our environment policy.
- To see that transport affects the environment as little as possible.
- To comply with current legislation, regulations and directives.
- Through our knowledge and commitment to inspire other actors to show greater consideration for the environment.
At Offecct we also seek to ensure that our offices are as green as possible. In addition to recycling, energy-efficient lighting and environment-friendly office equipment, our company cars must be environment friendly and business travel must be by public transport whenever possible.
Naturally, we hold the ISO 9001:14001 quality certificate. Every year, we make a structured review of the company's environmental aspects. Our environmental goals are considered from these points of view, and progress is measured continually. We work continually and actively towards the goals we have set.
Work environment policy
Our aim is always to have a good work environment, from both physical and mental points of view. The main responsibility for the work environment lies with the employer, but a good work environment requires cooperation between the employer and those employed.
Employees and the employer must endeavour continually to improve the work environment, prevent accidents at work, reduce absence due to work-related illness and work actively to promote rehabilitation.
All employees must:
- Know the purpose of their work and understand their roles in the organisation
- Have the necessary skills and qualifications and the authority required to carry out their assignments and apply and develop their skills.
- Be able to influence the content of their own jobs and their work environment.
- Take personal responsibility for health and the environment.
- Actively ensure that bullying does not occur.
All managers must:
- Inform their staff of current policies and equality plans.
- Take immediate action if there are signs of abuse or bullying.
- Hold development interviews with personnel at least once every two years, and arrange them more often if required.
- Actively protect health and early rehabilitation.
- Actively promote equal opportunities at the workplace.